A Quickie

I just realized that I haven't updated in 2 weeks. I haven't been any busier than usual; I've just been more tired when I get home. I think it's because I haven't worked out during these 2 weeks. When I work out, I feel more energized. Lately I've been feeling just plain lethargic, for absolutely no reason. It's funny how laziness does that to you.

I was given a promotion at work last week. I am now completely in charge of the grant-funded program that I am working under, as well as the company's new grant writer. How all that is supposed to happen in just 30 hours a week is beyond me. My supervisor, whose last day is tomorrow, told me they like to leach off people at this organization. Pay you crap and give you a crap ton to do. My response, what job doesn't? But, I'm at the stage in my life now where I'm not trying to impress people, but I also know the value of my work, so my level of work will be based on my level of compensation. And I'm not ashamed to admit that.

In school, my spring break officially began an hour ago. Grad school spring break isn't really a break....I will spend it attempting to write 2 term papers. Fun! Break out the margarita's!

In other news, I found out that Gus (those of you who have been reading for a while might recall that name) has a new girlfriend. And that made me really sad, even though I knew that was probably the case. It was just confirmed.

Sigh...and life goes on.

 

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous said,

    Congrats on your promotion -- that is so cool! But I hope they don't dump too much stressful work on you! WHILE you are trying to write term papers... jeesh. (Which, by the way, are MUCH easier to write while drinking margaritas, I have found!)

    (Sorry about Gus; hang in there.)

    on 3/16/09, 6:42 PM


  2. Adelnye said,

    Thanks for the advice. Will definitely get some cranberry juice. :D

    on 4/5/09, 6:15 PM


  3. Anonymous said,

    Summerroll! Just wanted to say hi, hope you're doing ok! xoxoxox

    on 4/7/09, 11:55 AM


  4. Anonymous said,

    sorry for another note, but I wanted to thank you for your note, i don't know what to say except for how much it meant to read. thank you so much. hope you're having a good week & the papers went well!

    on 4/15/09, 5:53 PM


  5. blaze said,

    Hey, thanks for your advice. I'm very excited about the new job and agree that it's about time I had something worthwhile to work on that's JUST for me.

    We've talked about the possibility of me staying in Portland over the summer, and I'm definitely open to that. Sounds like Eric would be okay with it too. Honestly the thought of moving to California with no immediate job prospects scares me, especially since I moved HERE with no job many months ago and only now feel like I'm making career progress...

    So anyway, thanks for your comment, and YOU need to update!

    on 4/18/09, 3:07 PM