Welcome to Text Mania
Thanks for all your comments and suggestions on the pics. Seems almost everyone liked the 2nd pic. I like that one, too, although I've never been a fan of bangs. Plus, the reality that I would actually go to a hair dresser to get it done, or even spend the money to get it done, is not my reality. If there is one thing I hate, it is going to the hair dresser! (Although, I do enjoy the lovely scalp massages they give when they wash your hair - but that's it.)
Now I will introduce Text Mania! I totally stole this idea from a friend: once a week (hopefully), I'll post my funniest text message conversation.
I love that my friends and I, or sometimes my students and I, have the most random talks all over texts, and sometimes they get a little crazy.
(Names have been changed to protect the innocent.)
Text Mania 1:
Me: So in addtion to "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" [the movie], there is also "Pride and Predator". Same concept, but with Aliens!
E: Yeah, I heard. Predator is a stupid idea. Zombies I get.
Me: How are zombies any better than aliens??
E: It's more realistic!
Me: Yeah. Right.
E: Lol! Dude they are. I can picture the walking dead during [Jane] Austen's time. Aliens require the idea of advanced technology which would totally be out of place.
Me: But you're placing the alien's technology on the timeline of human's technology development, which it's not. If they have conquered the space-time continuum, they could theoretically end up in any year, realistically.
E: Away with you and your rascally logic!
Alright, now it is time for me to stop procrastinating and go work on my presentation that's due tomorrow.
3 comments:
-
Wait... zombies are more realistic than aliens?? I am confused!!
(That is so funny! I love IM conversations.)
I just checked your previous post -- I like #1 and #2 as well, yay for bangs!! (However, you are also lovely as you are!)
-
Want to see a zombie? See me after work. I'm still getting used to my new laptop so I'll be around eventually. It's just that the whole group is on Facebook! Pictures of all of us are on my page. We'll see....you can always email me, too. I gave you some looong ones.
-
Hey, thanks for your advice about the car. I feel the same way. I'm sure that once we talk through the specifics he'll see how ridiculous it would be for me to try to do this job without a car. I agree that this is one of those things I need to do for myself. So thank you!
PS. Update!