I tried to access D!aryland today, but it didn't work. I hope the site isn't defunct, because that would mean I lost 4+ years of entries, as well as all my friends (who I hope move somewhere else and continue to write!).
Last week was an interesting one for me. On Monday, I had my oral comps/thesis proposal defense, which I passed! Yay! Now I officially have candidacy into my program and I can start to work on my project. One step closer to graduation!!!
Then on Tuesday, I found out that I was accepted into the PhD program! Yay! So, in about five more years (hopefully less), you will all have to refer to me as Dr. Summer!
I'm very excited, but still a bit daunted at the thought of having to be in school for several more years. We'll see what happens.
That's all for now. For those of you who were still posters on D-land, please let me know where you end up!
2 comments:
-
Um, yeah, I had the same issue with D-land today. Looks like the domain expired and it hasn't been renewed...so who knows what the heck is up. Maybe they'll get around to renewing it...but if not I'll let you know where I move. Sucks if all our entries are just gone. Hey, congrats on the PhD program!! That's so exciting! Wow!
-
Oh wow congrats on getting into the PhD program, that is AWESOME!!!!