Home

After 2 weeks of searching, I finally found a place!  It was getting scary there at the end, as the rental market is absolutely ridiculous.  As in, there are very few rentals, they tend to get snatched up withing a day or 2 of being advertised, and it's mostly advertised through word of mouth.  Also, no one allows pets.  But patience paid off and I found a cute, little 2 bed 2 bath cottage.  On my last day in town!  Phew!

After that, I left straight for the B@hamas for a conference to give a talk on my dissertation research.  My talk was pretty great. And I'm not just saying that!  Everyone said it was the best talk of the session I was in, and people kept coming up to me days after to speak with me about it.  I've never gotten such a great reaction from my work, so it felt nice and kind of reinvigorated my spirits on getting through this stupid ass dissertation.

 

0 comments: