A New Era

I figured this would be the perfect time to get back into updating this blog.  I'm making a huge life change and am moving clear across the country to take a new job. Literally from one corner of the US (Miami) to the other (Washington state)!  I'm leaving behind year round sunshine and warmth for year round gloom and chill.  Not sure if this island girl will survive there for more than a month, but we'll see.

Today was my official last day at the musuem.  It was a bit bittersweet.  I wasn't too thrilled about the staff-wide going away party. Especially since there were several people who came to eat cake and ice cream, then just left, without saying a word to me, and others who sent representatives to get them cake and ice cream inoted of showing up themselves.  It is those people I WON'T miss.  The fake-ass fuckers.  But there are lots of people I will miss.

Anyway. I'm currently at the airport on the way to my new town, Port X, to spend a week getting to know my new role and to find a place to live.  I'm just hoping I can find something with a phenomenal view, especially of I have to sacrifice sunshine and  warmth for the next however many years!

 

0 comments: