I Guess We'll See

I was so exhausted last week. I didn't get time to relax from my trip, and I had ten million things to do at work, and I had to run around getting things taken care of for school. And on top of all that, somehow I managed to develop a nasty sinus infection + cough. I hate feeling like a snotty nosed two-year old.

School started on Thursday for me. It wasn't bad. I'm taking Tropical Marine Ecology, Advanced Biometrics, and Fisheries Socioeconomics. I'm not too happy about the last two. Of the 3 classes, on Thursday one was cancelled, one only lasted 5 minutes, and the guest speaker in the other one was a former boss of mine, which was cool (especially since he's doing exactly what I eventually hope to do as a career).

What wasn't so cool is the amount of reading each class expects. I got 8 chapters, plus articles in one class, and 3 chapters plus articles in the other. I think being expected to read 8 chapters in 3 days, plus other readings, is a tad ridiculous, especially for ONE class. And unlike most of the other new students, I'm still working full time. So besides the weekends (and when our program starts, just Sundays), I have no time to read. I'm very happy I only have class Tuesdays/Thursdays - the extra four days will help. Oh and I did forget to mention that most of the books are over 80 bucks! So I also spend most of my time the library making copies of the reserves. Fun!

I have a very boring Labor Day planned for today. It involves reading, cleaning, reading, maybe showering, reading, hopefully food shopping cause my fridge is empty (and I have no money right now). How sad is it that I don't know if my day involves showering or purchasing food? I guess I'll just be dirty and hungry as I read my endless chapters.

I haven't uploaded the pictures from my trip yet, but I hope to do it sometime soon.

Oh, well something interesting happened to me this weekend. I hung out with these group of guys that I always hang out with. They're funny and know how to have a good time, and they treat me like one of the guys. And that's always nice because I don't really have to worry about how I dress or looking for a date or whatever else it is that girls usually worry about when they go out. Anyway, so I hang out with these guys, and it was a normal night of beer and laughs and dancing and 4 am pizza. I get home and about 10 minutes afterwards I get a text message from one of the guys, J, who I've known for quite a while.

Here's the series of texts:
J: You know what, me and you are eventually gonna have to hookup.
S: Ha. Oh Yeah?
J: Yeah, you don't think so.
S: Hmm. I guess we'll have to see about that
J: We will next time.
J: What does I guess we'll have to see mean.
S: Oh Yeah? Well it means exactly what it says. We'll see. Get home safe.
J: I'll be honest. Tonight at the bar you had me willing and ready.
S: Yeah yeah.
J: Fine! Then I guess we will.
S: Guess we'll talk more about this later.
J: We will and no I'm not drunk.
S: OK.

The whole thing just made me laugh. Especially since I did nothing to bring any of it on. Okay, so maybe my shaking my ass didn't help, but it's nothing that I haven't done before over the past 3+ years that I've known him. And really, what makes him think that I'd just be like, "okay, let's go hook up"? I mean, I am by no means innocent, but I also don't sleep around. Yeah I have sex with guys I'm not in a relationship with, but I only sleep with them until we no longer sleep together. That's just how I've always been. I actually think it's kind of funny that people assume I sleep with everyone, cause I don't give them any reason to think so. I don't even kiss people in public. Kissing kind of grosses me out, because most people can't kiss well at all. It also grosses me out that people my age (or younger) think it's okay to go around kissing people they just met or even strangers. In fact, I can count and name all the people I have ever kissed.

Anyway it made me laugh. And the fact that he never said anything to me and waited to say it through text. Funny how text messages make people grow balls.

Until next time people.

 

0 comments: