The Gift That Keeps on Giving

Man it's been a while since my last post. Almost 50 days. I've been super busy and a ton has happened.

My first semester of grad school is just chugging along. I'm doing well in my classes, not straight A's but certainly doing okay considering I have limited time for school work. And I'm very excited that I only have 2 weeks left! Although, within those 2 weeks I have 2 papers, one final a biometrics project, and 2 presentations. Of course I have started on none of them yet.

Work is interesting. If I wasn't over my job before, I'm definitely over it now. My bitch of a boss had the nerve to say to me that she doesn't know what it is that I do and she questions if I even do anything at all. Needless to say, I lost my shit.

I asked her how dare she say something like that to me when I am there everyday at 7am, on Fridays I don't leave until 8pm because I'm busy finishing up other people's jobs, and I have continued to work over 40+ hours per week even though my salary was decreased by 1/5 because I'm attending school. She really offended me and further convinced me that my place was not there working under her. She has no fucking clue what she is doing, and I am sad that the people who will actually suffer are our kids. Regardless, I'm out there at the end of the year, new job or not. I'd rather be broke than put up with her nonsense anymore. Especially knowing that everyone else that I work with, including partner organizations for which I serve as the primary source of contacts know that I do great work. I've even had other non profits tell me that once they get in grant money they would love to hire me. Long story short: Fuck Her!

In other news, I just found out one of students has gonorrhea, the gift that keeps on giving. That should be an interesting conversation.

 

3 comments:

  1. JustMe said,

    Unfortunately, it's always bosses like that who find one person to do all the work and bail them out. It's my feeling that eventually they get what they deserve, one way or another. I can't blame you at all for quitting!

    on 11/25/08, 6:54 PM


  2. Anonymous said,

    Seriously, you deserve way better. I have no doubt that you can get a job where your boss actually respects you and your work. I'm glad you updated - do it again soon!

    on 11/29/08, 2:12 PM


  3. Anonymous said,

    What the #*%&!!! What did she say when you told her 'how dare she' and all?!! I cannot imagine how she could be such a bitch; you work SO hard... I am glad you stick up for yourself though and know how much you are worth.

    I am sorry you have to deal with that... I wonder are you done with school finally, and all the papers...? (I am so late on reading anything this month; sorry!)

    I think you are done, or are close -- so CONGRATULATIONS!! Congrats congrats. I hope you have a fabulous weekend. You deserve it.

    on 12/5/08, 12:59 PM