Take A Good Hard Look
Today, I had my very first manicure and my 2nd ever pedicure. It was nice, although I think my toes a bit too pretty now (I got a french manicure on my feet only). But of course, I smugged 2 fingernails, less than a minute after the manicurist was done. But whatever. I enjoyed all the massaging and the bubbling warm water and what not. And the whole thing cost about 45 bucks. I think that's a good deal, but I'm not sure. But I may make this a twice a year event.
This is my last week at my current job. I haven't told my students that I am leaving. I'm going to wait till Thursday or Friday, so I don't get too many "why are you leaving"s intermingled with sobs.
In other news, I was at D's place on Saturday night. He invited me over to "hang out". He texted me earlier on that day and called me. But I was sleeping both times. And I didn't return his call until after 8. When he answered, he said, "Are you mad at me?" I tried not to, but I laughed at him. I think it's a bit ridiculous that he thought I was mad at him because it took me about 3 hours to call him back - because I was asleep.
Anyway, I get over there and it was so boring, and then finally we found "The R0ck" playing on one of the channels. Even though I've seen this movie 10 thousand times, I still wanted to see it.
As the movie played, I noticed that he would get up to go to the bathroom or kitchen, and when he returned to the couch, he was always an inch closer to me. And then at one point, he just turned around and started kissing me. I wasn't really kissing back and I kept kinda watching the TV to give him a hint, that he just didn't get. When he stopped, I went back to watching the movie. Then, about 5 minutes later, he tries to pick me up and put me in his lap, and I was all, "What are you doing?" He said, "I'm trying to move you into a better position. Do you object?" "Uh, yeah. I'm trying to watch the movie." And then he backed off, but not much because he kept rubbing my knee.
After the movie was done, he was all, "well if you're tired, you could stay here and wake up with me in the morning." And I said, "I think it's time to go home." That line may have fared better if I didn't live across the street. Regardless, iI feel so bad because it's obvious now that he thinks this is really something and really going somewhere, when I just want to be friends. I hate crushing nice guys.
Oh well. Hey, I actually worked out today for the first time since the first week in March. How sad.
In other news, check out my new favorite song. Don't play it too loud at work.
2 comments:
-
Yeah, that sketch is hilarious! Did you see JT's mother's day song? Very funny!! And yes, $45 for a mani/pedi is a great deal!
-
THat is HILARIOUS!!
Glad you're finally getting some few moments of R&R after all that work!