Give Me One Reason to Stay Here

I'm in the midst of week 2 at my new job. And I absolutely LOVE it! Love, love, love!


This job is so incredible. It encompasses everything that I enjoy doing (science, education, working with students, teaching), I'm surrounded by people who know what they are doing and actually do work, and my boss is a boss who: takes the work seriously; fully understands the mission, what needs to be done, and the challenges to meeting the mission; abhors mediocrity; says what she means; listens; and is someone I can learn from.


And what could be better than getting to see this everyday:

Despite the swarms of mosquitoes that greet me at the gate every morning and the Mt. Kilimanjaro size of work that I have to complete within the next 2 weeks, I am really enjoying my time there. I know that it will be different from my other jobs because some of my responsibilities will actually be a challenge, which has never really happened before. Plus, because my boss is actually around and interested in what's going on (not that she's a micro manager in anyway, but she is involved in that she has a good sense of what is going on in every area), I'll need to always be on top of my game. But that will be good for me. I've had too many years of no supervision. Luckily, for my previous employers, I actually have a great work ethic.
Enough about work.
So D has not called me or anything since that Saturday (see last entry) when I chose to watch The R0ck instead of make out with him and refused to sleep over at his place. It's been over 2 weeks! Part of me feels like I should be concerned because I actually like him as a friend, but the other part of me could give a shit, especially if he has stopped talking to me because I didn't spend the night.
I think I might give him a call sometime this week and be like "what the fuck, dude?"
I've been doing so well with my workouts. In the past 2 weeks, I have worked out at least 4 times per week. I am up and out of bed by 5:45 and running by 6. And I must say, I feel so much better. Now I'm only waiting for these few extra bulges to disappear completely. But I'm very proud that I have not slacked off, and hopefully I can keep up with it throughout the summer.

 

2 comments:

  1. Y-N said,

    Yay for liking the new job! Good for you!

    on 6/2/09, 8:50 PM


  2. Anonymous said,

    YAYyayyyy yay ya! :)

    Damn, what a view; I'm so jealous!

    (WTF is right with D; very dumb reason for him not to call you.)

    on 6/3/09, 1:09 PM