A Monkey-Flying Weekend
Sunday was a much more productive day for me. I was able to do some research for my thesis and read at least one of the journal articles. I managed to do some work on a curriculum that I'm writing for a friend's non-profit (for free, supposedly until her org gets money, but I suspect that it will just be for free). I even washed the dishes(!) and put away the mountain of clothes that had accumulated on my bed over the past month.
At work, I've been in the midst of trainings. Monday, I took a group on a moonlight canoe to an island about a mile out from our estate. It was pretty awesome. Today, we took a group of 9-12 year olds on a mile hike through our tr0pical hardw0od hamm0ck and showed them a Tequ3sta burial mound, which was also pretty cool. We've also had several shark and croc sightings in our boat basin, daily.
Sometime over the weekend, I watched Snak3s on a Plane. I didn't find it particularly great, but the way they edited out all the curse words was hilarious. My fave was, "I have had it with these monkey-flying snakes on this Monday-to-Friday plane!" I was laughing for about 10 minutes after I heard that. You gotta love network censors.
In other news, I called D and was like, "Hey, what's up. Haven't heard from you in quite a while." He had nothing to say other than, "Oh, I've been...busy." Right. And that he would give me a call later on this week to "hang out." Haven't heard a peep and I'm not surprised. Guys.
Oh, how could I forget. I saw Drag Me T0 He!!. It was decent, and had some equally gross and funny parts. But it also reminded me why I tend to boycott PG-13 horror movies. If you're going to do a horror movie and call it a horror movie then it needs to be Monday-to-Friday horror movie! Blood, guts, gore, people losing limbs...horror movies should be rated R, no monkey-flying question.
Alright, time for bed.
2 comments:
-
Snakes on a plane - snakes at a meeting. How cosmic is that?
-
Ha! Snakes. Guys. Hmm...
That canoe ride sounds AWESOME!! Those kids must love you...