So Long Summer 09

The summer is officially over tomorrow! I can't believe it. The past 3 months flew by so fast. I guess that's a good thing because this was one of my first stress free summers in a very long time. Have I mentioned that I love me job!!! Cause I do!

School starts next week Wednesday. I'm not super excited because my classes are from 3:00 to 5:30. I am a morning person. My brain functions at its optimal capacity during the hours of 6:00 am to 2:00 pm. Usually after that my brain is just too tired to want to care or function properly. I have always taken morning classes. Even at my different jobs, I have usually gone in early, around 7:30, and did all my work straight through until 1 or 2, eaten lunch, and then worked on all the minuscule tasks, like stuffing envelopes, reviewing pictures, answering emails, till it was time to go home. So needless to say, this will be a difficult semester for me. Hopefully it won't be too bad.

That's about all that's going on.

The other day, my friend sent me a link to the Biel!ef-o-mat!c. It's basically a site where you answer questions in a survey and they tell you what religion you should follow. Here are my results:

  1. Unitarian Universalism (100%)
  2. Neo-Pagan (97%)
  3. New Age (93%)
  4. Mahayana Buddhism (84%)
  5. Liberal Quakers (80%)
  6. Secular Humanism (78%)
  7. Theravada Buddhism (78%)
  8. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (67%)
  9. New Thought (64%)
  10. Scientology (60%)

It's all very fascinating. I find #'s 1, 5, 8, and 10 to be interesting. 5 and 10 even more so.

I've always described myself as an agnostic (a=without, gnos=knowledge), as opposed to atheist (a=without, theos=god). I believe that something is out there, I just don't know what it is. It could be God, Ra, Vishnu, Buddha, Spiritual Energy, Gaia, Aliens......who knows. I actually believe that the reason all the different religions have similar stories is because what ever is out there appears in different forms to everyone. After all, religion is mainly a construct of the mind.

Regardless, I think I'm leaning towards the Neo-Pagan and New Age stuff. I always believed in the spirit of nature and the Earth. And I've also always had an desire to learn more about Druidism (is that a word?). Not that I have time to do any research or anything.

Anyway, just thought I'd share something that would make this entry somewhat interesting. Hope everyone is having a great week!

 

1 comments:

  1. Anonymous said,

    Ooo that sounds interesting... can I be a copycat and get that link from you? I am having trouble finding stuff to write about this week...

    I am a morning person too! I totally understand about your classes. Hopefully it will be ok, at least it's only a couple hours!!

    It's crazy that Labor Day is almost here. Wow it goes fast.

    on 8/25/09, 6:17 PM