Who You Gonna Call?

I can't believe I haven't updated in a month. I had a goal to update at least once a week, and would even log on to do so and I would either end up doing something else or falling asleep.

Yeah, I'm pathetic, I know.

As usually, there is nothing much going on. School has started up again. I have two classes: C0astal law and p0licy and D!seases of Mar!ne 0rgan!sms. Both really interesting, cool classes. But the readings for the 2nd one are killing me....it's like I'm in med school. Ugh, it's a pain in the ass.

Work is till awesome. I'm super busy there and there is so much going on, but it's still great. However, the county is instituting budget cuts, so I'll probably find out within the next two weeks whether I still have a job. You know, last one hired first one fired and all that jazz. The worst case scenario is that I lose my job. There's also the possibility that I can keep my job, but I would get moved to another, landlocked and not as pretty, location.

Needless to say I want to keep my job right where it is. I think if I get option 2, I'd probably tough it out for a few months until I found something else. The reality is, I took a huge salary cut to take this job. And the only reason I did was because as a county employee, you earn merit based increases after 6 months and then annually after that, as well as cost of living after a year and then annually after that. So I was promised when I was hired that I would be back to my regular salary within a years time, if it even took that long. But guess what were the first things to go in the budget cut? Yep, merit increases and cost of living. What a crock right?

So basically, the only things keeping me at this job is because I'm loving what I do, the location is awesome, and the people are great. If I'm moved to another location, then those 3 things don't apply.

Regardless, I'll now within the next few weeks because the fiscal year starts Oct1, and that's when everything goes into effect.

In other interesting work news, we had a paran0rmal !nvestigation done at the property. The location where I work has a lot of history. It was not only a nat!ve amer!can settlement, but there's also evidence of paleo-!ndians from 10k years ago (it was previously thought that human habitation in this area only went back 4k years, so it's a pretty big deal). We aslo have 2 historical houses on the property, one built in !896 and the other in !922. One can only assume that there might be stuff going on there.

Previous to the investigation, there have been sitings of things or weird interactions among some of the staff and the visitors. So much so, that there is even one security guard who won't even step foot in one of the buildings. But everything has always been personal experience and the wanted to get an actual documentation done.

So the investigators came out and surveyed the houses and the natural areas. Long story short, they found tons of shit!!!!!!!! They revealed the evidence to us about 2 weeks ago and that shit was beyond creepy. Yes, some of it was pretty iffy, but most of it was chilling.

They are now developing a ghost tour, incorporating some of the interesting but not super scary stuff from the investigation. Apparently there are people out there who are willing to spend $2000 to spend one night there! If only I had that kind of cash to throw around...

 

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous said,

    Ugh, I hate that limbo of waiting to find out. I am sorry you have to go through that, and I know how much you love where you are right now!! I hope you find out soon!!

    (As for the paranormal stuff, that is so creepy, but waaayyy cool. Have you seen anything yourself?)

    on 9/22/09, 12:23 PM


  2. blaze said,

    Hey, good to hear from you! Where have you been?!

    Thanks for the suggestions. I do try to limit my conversations with the mom as much as possible.

    I agree about trying to make sure I'm never alone with her! But when I say she ambushed me the other day...I'm serious. The school grounds looked deserted when I was walking to class...and the next thing I know she is right in front of me, waving. I wouldn't be surprised if she'd been hiding in the bushes. She also hunts me down in the middle of the day to check up on me when none of the administrators are around.

    I'm also realizing that I need to be a lot more careful about what I say to her. Sometimes she'll say something in a chatty way and I'll off-handedly agree with her, which is dangerous.

    on 11/6/09, 9:04 PM