Nothing to See Here
Where have I been? Working, schooling, sleeping...and every once in a while I get to do things required to keep me alive like eat and breathe. :-D
Everything is good with me. I still have my job, even though I was technically "laid off". I received my official letter stating that I was one of the ~700 that was "bumped" from my position due to seniority - last hire, first fired and all that yada yada. But my bosses realize that most of the revenues/programming that they are seeing now, would not be possible without me so they found an open position to slot me into. Downside: it's part-time; I still work 40 hours a week (for 5 pay periods) but get no benefits. Upside: I get overtime. So nothing has really changed at work except that every 6th pay period I have to work 32 hours/wk. Needless to say, I'm over all this county bureaucracy bullshit. I just want to do my job and go home.
School is going well. I had midterms 2 weeks ago. Got an A- on both exams, which was a pleasant surprise. I'm finally narrowing down my thesis topic. Which is good. What's not so good is that instead of having until next December to finish my thesis and research, I now have until the end of summer. How I am ever going to get all this shit done, I have no clue.
And that's my absolutely boring update for now.
2 comments:
-
Congrats on the midterms! You rock!
And that really sucks about your job. People always seem to know what a great thing that have with you working for them and then exploit the hell out of it.
-
sounds like they are taking advantage of you at work!! I'm sorry. Congrats on your grades and thesis decision!! You can do it!