Looking for Mr Right

I feel like I can share this with you guys, because for some strange reason, I trust all of you more than I do the people in my own life. It's the weird connection that blogger friends have. Anyway.

So about a week ago, I signed up for an onl!ne dating site. I guess I figured since I'm not really meeting anyone around here, I should try something else, especially as age slowly creeps up on me. I mean, I meet interesting people, for friends; but it's never anyone that I'm interested in dating, you know. And I always hear (and read) about people doing the online thing, for better or worse, and figured what the hell.

I still find the whole process weird, because I feel many of the people are not sincere in their descriptions. It's like they write things they think people want to hear. I've read so many of the same descriptions over and over again; so much for originality. And I love that people just disregard the age requirements I set. I'm sorry, nothing against older people, but when I put my age limit as 35, that means that if you're over 40, you shouldn't make an attempt to contact me. I have no interest in dating people close to my parents' age (yes, my parents are pretty young).

So far I've certainly seen a lot of frogs...and most of them wrinkly. There's one guy who's been emailing me that seems cool and interesting. But we'll see.

Ta ta for now!

 

3 comments:

  1. razor-vixen said,

    Ug. Online dating. Men aren't always honest too...I find they lie about their height. But really, what are you gonna do? If you're not meeting people in your daily life, and friends don't have any date-worthy guys, it gets to be one of the only options.

    on 1/7/10, 8:50 AM


  2. Anonymous said,

    I think the majority of people lie on those dating profiles. I have a friend in her 70's who is looking for love, and most of the guys who reply to her are in their 40's. Funny how that works.

    on 1/7/10, 10:54 AM


  3. Anonymous said,

    I bet the majority of men lie in their profiles... but it's also kind of exciting, like an adventure!! You never know, something fun might come of it! (But make sure to be safe!)

    on 1/8/10, 4:38 PM