Welcome 28
So I had a pretty uneventful birthday weekend. I worked all day, then came home and went to bed. Then on Sunday, I took myself to the movies. That was it.
Lastweek, I not only finished my Ph.D application, but I also sent in two fellowship applications. We'll see what happens in a few months. Tomorrow I start my last semester of classes. Woohoo....although that woohoo might be premature because I'm pretty sure this will be a tough semester. Lots of physical oceanography and computer models; all things I don't like. And I actually have to do work on my project which will be due at the end of August. Can't wait.
The 0nline dating thing has been interesting, to say the least. Here are some of the winners:



My fave is definitley the 60-something year old guy. Well at least he was honest with his age. I started emailing with one guy, who for the most part seemed cool and interesting. And then when I mentioned the old guy he was all, "oh, well I meant to tell you that my age on the profile is wrong and I couldn't figure out how to change it. I'm actually 39." So I'm trying to figure out how exactly if he typed in birthdate that his age is exactly 5 years off. Could it have been a mistake? Sure. But I have typed in my birthdate wrong several times and I either type in today's year or 1992/1981/1983 instead of 1982. Your fingers actually have to stretch a bit to reach five numbers away. The whole thing just pissed me off. I could have worked with the age difference, even though my profile capped it at 35. What really bugs is the lying and the fact that he waited 2 weeks before saying anything. Jerk off.
Anyway, I will go back to enjoying my day off.
I hope you all have a great rest of your long weekend.