She Lives!
It's been almost a year since my last post. I been a bad bad blogger, although I have kept up a bit with reading everyone else's updates.
So what's been going on in my life?
I FINALLY got my Masters diploma, which was been held hostage by student accounts on bogus charges.
I just completed the first year of my PhD program (Dr. Summerroll coming your way soon). I finished my core class requirements, so I get to focus solely on my project. Which is nice as I'll finish earlier than the intended five years.
I just returned from a research trip/vacation in the Bahamas a few days ago. It was not only relaxing but I accomplished a lot in terms of meeting tons of NGOs, government officials, and fishermen, all of whom are very excited about my project.
I'm still single, although I did meet the man of my dreams last November. It was at a fisheries conference in Puerto R!co. He was tall, gorgeous, smart, sarcastic, and did the same type of work I did. I was head over heels for the 4 days of this conference. Of course, he turned out to be an incredible asshole - too good to be true. I was broken hearted for like 2 months.
I found out that Gus got married with kid(s). I was broken hearted for like another 2 months, beause I kept holding out hope that we would eventually find our way back to each other. :-(
That's all for now.
I'll make an attempt to update more frequently.....maybe twice a year! :-D
2 comments:
-
You're ALIVE! Yay! Good to see an update! Congrats on the Master's and awesome job on having a year under your belt with the Ph.D.
-
HElloooo!!! I just checked and saw your post.
First, congrats all over the place on your Masters, and soon to be PHd!! That is such an accomplishment.
And what a fuckwad that guy is. I am so sorry that happened to you. I hope you are doing ok.