Nothing to See Here

I swear, I am swamped at work. And when I get home, I don't even bother looking at my laptop.

Here's a quick overview of what's been going (or not) in my world:

  • The extreme weather changes have wreaked havoc on my sinues. Usually my sinus blockages only last a couple days, but this one has been going on for almost 2 weeks. One night I woke up gasping for air; for a second there I thought that someone was smothering me. But no, it was just my clogged nostrils depriving my brain of oxygen.
  • Al and I hung out and actually had good conversations. They weren't about anything in particular or anything serious. Just talking. It was nice, like we used to. Too bad it took us getting trapped in a car for 30 minutes to start that type of exchange again, but like I said, it was nice.
  • I had incredible sex last weekend. Same guy from last time, just not a booty call. I've had good drunk sex before, even if things don't always make their way in properly, but nothing compares to clear, lucid sex. Oh, and getting woken up to have slow morning sex only to collapse back to sleep again.
  • My mom and my sister came to visit me for the weekend. It was...okay. My mom was her usual: condescending, talking to me like I'm a 12 year old, acting like she's in charge in my house, pretending like we have this close mother-daughter relationship. And she just sprung the entire, "We're coming to Miami. It's okay if we stay with you, right?" a few days before they came. It's not like I could say no. Even though I had so much work stuff to do. Then I would truly be the ungrateful daughter.
  • Recieved 2 wedding invitations within days of each other. I knew that both were happening so I wasn't surprised. It's just that everytime someone gets engaged or married (which seems to happen more frequently now) I get reminded about how single I am. When I go to my friend, MK's, wedding, I will be the ONLY single person there. Is there anything more uncomfortable??
  • Rented a few movies last week: The Reaping (very cool take on religious zealots), Eastern Promises (awesome script, incredible acting), Paris Ja'Taime (not sure I spelled that right, but also a good watch).

That's about it. Nothing too exciting, as usual. Hope everyone else enjoyed their weekend.

 

1 comments:

  1. Anonymous said,

    Man, I feel really lucky that I've never had sinus problems. Hey, are you liking Blogspot? I'm thinking about starting somewhere new myself...

    on 3/25/08, 8:24 PM