On and On

It's been almost 2 weeks since I last wrote. I'm slacking off, which I promised myself I wouldn't do with this new journal.

Here's what's been going on:

  • I'm being micro-managed to death at work due to other people's incompetence. It really pisses me off. Especially since the bosses have not bothered to tell the people who screwed up, that they screwed up, instead choosing to use blanketed statements and talk around the issues instead of just calling them out.
  • I started working out regularly again. I did well in the month of January, 3 to 4 times a week, but then started slacking off in February. It was a combination of being exhausted, the temperature being too cold for me, or being too dehydrated when I woke up in the morning. And I just started feeling really out of shape and unhealthy. I haven't really gained any weight, but my stomach is a little on the poochy side. I really need to work to getting it back in shape, the way it looked in November. The damn holidays always throw me off every year. Last week, I did really well with the work outs (3) and I plan to continue this week by going at least 4 days.
  • I saw Spamalot last week. It was hilarious. I don't remember ever laughing so hard at a theater show. Classic Monty Python. I highly suggest seeing it if it comes to your town.
  • Got some awesome shoes, on sale!!!, this weekend. I've never really been into shoes before, but since I have to kind of dress up for work, and flip-flops don't cut it anymore, I've really gotten into buying and wearing cute shoes. But only if they're comfortable. I'm not one of those females who will bear the pain for beauty. Fuck that. If I can't walk, or sit, without pain, I ain't wearing them.
  • I cleaned.
  • I bought and installed a new showerhead. One of those that can be detached with the long hose. It's phenomenal. It also had the nice firm spray that I love, especially when washing the hair. And I paid 12 bucks for it. (Yay for Brandsmart!)
  • Went to Brandsmart cause my TV's starting to change color. I wanted to get an idea for the cost of replacing it. It wasn't too bad; I saw many that were the same dimensions as mine for $200-300. But I think I'll ride out mine until it really becomes useless.
  • Lost some kickball games. We're 0-3. It's quite pathetic. And of course, our team is filled with guys who think women are the downfall. Except that none of those guys can kick, run, or catch. So they need to shut the fuck up.

And that's about it. Nothing interesting going on, as usual. My life is extremely boring.

 

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous said,

    I'm the same way, I NEVER sacrifice comfort for beauty when it comes to shoes. It's not worth the pain.

    on 3/11/08, 5:21 PM


  2. Anonymous said,

    I usually don't. I do have these little green heeled sandals that I ADORE, though, that are usually very comfortable. Except for when I wore them yesterday, forgetting the bruise that currently covers the top of my foot. Dumb idea. Standing all day in comfortable shoes is just plain dumb.

    on 3/12/08, 5:42 PM


  3. Anonymous said,

    Shoes?!! Spamalot?! NOT boring at all, my dear. (I myself am coding html right now. Talk about exciting.)

    I would like to kick those guys on your team in the head with the ball.

    on 3/12/08, 7:28 PM