A Hickey From Kinicke is Like A Hallmark Card

I told a few of my students that I was leaving. A couple started to cry. Which made me start to cry. It made me feel so bad that I have to leave them behind. The good thing is that they know exactly why I have to go, without my saying a word. The funny things is that people like my boss think that they're pulling one over on everyone, including the kids. What she fails to realize (because she has no experience working with children!) is that kids have spot on BS detectors. They can smell is coming from around the corner.

I found out that I got an A (!) in my Advanced Biometrics class. I was praying that I did well enough to pull out a B-, so needless to say, I was shocked. But I'm not complaining.

I was excited to have the day completely off tomorrow. No work, no school, nothing. Had even planned on doing laundry, which I haven't done since end of September. But guess who got called for Jury Duty? I love that the recording giving out the instructions stated, "be sure to bring a project to work on," i.e. "you will be here all day long, be prepared". I know that it's important to fulfill your civic duty, but I am so not looking forward to this.

In other news, Al and I finished off a 1.5L bottle of wine in one setting. I'm not a big wine drinker. Usually, half a glass knocks my ass out cold. How I managed to make it through 6 (?) glasses is beyond me. Being the classy lady I am, I fell asleep on the toilet. Al woke me up to force to go to my proper bed. I passed out, and slept through my alarm, and didn't get to work until 8:30 (I usually get there by 7). Good thing I quit my job, huh, cause I really didn't care about being late. But then, I could only make it through 11:00 because I felt like crap. My stomach was out of control. I was walking around hunched over like Jeff Conway and running back and forth between my desk and the bathroom. Not a pretty scene; I went back home, back to my bed and slept till four. It was lovely. Lesson learned: no more bottles of wine.

I can't wait for this week to be over.

 

1 comments:

  1. Anonymous said,

    That just shows how good you were at that job, and how much all of those kids just adored you... You should be so proud!! (You deserved to celebrate, that is for sure!! Though I know what the morning-after too much wine is like, ugh!)

    But seriously, that is very cool you got to quit that awful boss-lady.. but also sad for you, I am sure, to say goodbye to those kids, oh you poor thing...

    CONGRATULATIONS on your new job though, that is so cool!! Yay!! When do you start, or did you already?

    I hope you have more of a break now though till the new year, with more classes coming up too!! (Congrats on the A, I don't even know what 'Adv. Biometrics' is, for crissakes!) :)

    Hope you're enjoying the holiday-week, xoxoxoxxo

    on 12/23/08, 12:05 PM