Recharge and Rehab

Who wants to guess how much work I've done in the past 2 days? Anyone?

I think I can honestly say, about 15 minutes worth.

Now lets calculate this:

  1. I get to work at 8:30
  2. Yesterday was "yoga-at-work" day, so I stopped "working" at 4 - that puts me at 7.5 hours
  3. Today, I "worked" until 6 (waiting for a parent and student who stood me up....bastards; could have left at 5) - that adds on another 9.5 hours
  4. Right now that's a total of 17 hours.
  5. Now, we must subtract the hour that my entire office spends goofing off in the dining hall every day, where we stall going back to our desks - so minus 2.
  6. This gives us a grand total of 15 hours where I was supposed to be actually working

So 15 hours of work and I worked 15 minutes. That means I spent 98.3% of my time at work literally just sitting on my ass. What a fucking shame.

But you know what, I've worked the past 2 Saturdays without taking another day off and I'm usually the only person in my office who is there for over 8 hours. Plus, I worked my ass off on Tuesday, so I'm probably just recharging myself.

Or that's the excuse I'll use for now.

--

Is anyone out there watching Celebrity Rehab?

I am hooked. That show is so haunting. It reminds me a lot of Intervention, which I can barely watch because everyone looks so pathetic and the families always look so lost.

I almost didn't even watch it because I thought it would be another VH1 reality train wreck, but it's not. Don't get me wrong, the celebrities, or "celebrities", on the show are complete train wrecks (especially Jeff Conaway). But the level of real medical knowledge and care that they are receiving is actually pretty genuine. I have always loved Dr. Drew, way back from his early days on Loveline when he was so uncomfortable being on camera, but always made sure to give the callers sound medical advice. You could tell that he really wasn't there for the cameras but to help people. You can see the same thing here. And it's very refreshing.

They suckered me in. Plus, it's not like there is any real TV on anyway.

 

2 comments:

  1. storm-shadow said,

    4 words: Make Me A Supermodel I've got a man-crush on Tyson and enjoy seeing my old teenage crush, Nikki Taylor. Plus, it's a really genuine show instead of mean-spirited to get ratings. Ultraviolet? I'm a boy, in case you forget and I love Mila with martial arts. Curious as to what else besides kissing you like on my list. There was no numbering as to favorite. I enjoy all in sex. Your birthday gift will come in time.....

    on 1/25/08, 6:24 PM


  2. Anonymous said,

    I watched a little but I had to switch away because it was too stressful or something!! But I did like that Dr. Drew too; he did say some good things from what I heard, not like other "doctors" on reality tv and talk shows!!

    Hope you're getting successfully Recharged this weekend!! :)

    on 1/26/08, 5:36 PM