Dumpster Diving

I took some trash out this morning. As I tossed the bag in, my keys went with them. I could not fucking believe it.

I had to hoist myself up and into the dumpster. I took off my shoes (heels) and just got to it. I didn't actually go all the way in, because I didn't want my feet touching the bottom. So I used my arms and one leg to prop myself over it, while I reached my other leg in and grabbed the keys with my toes.

I just knew that skill would come in handy one day!

Luckily for me, the trash had been picked up the day before, so there was hardly anything in there. And, the keys fell on top of the bag I threw in. Still, afterwards, I used half a bottle of hand sanitizer to detox everything, my hands, keys, feet. The whole experience was very gross.

--

As promised, here are some pics of my new glasses! Please excuse the oily skin and the lazy eye. Thanks!








And someone also asked to see some pics of my new decorations. Enjoy!





I actually found this one on the sidewalk one night. That was almost a year ago. We were walking to my friend's car and there were all these paintings sitting on the curb waiting to be picked up by trash people. It was some awesome stuff, but it seems as if the people from that house were moving and were trying to get rid of the things that they didn't want. The first painting I had actually picked up was pretty large and couldn't actually fit in the car, so I went with this one since it was easy to carry and better fit the color scheme of my living room.







These four are in the tiny hallway separating the living room from the bedroom and bathroom. I'm not really too fond of this yellowish color, but since it's not horrible and I'm too lazy to (and very bad at) paint(ing), I'm content with leaving it alone. Plus, I think all the pictures are complementary with the color, which I guess is asthetically important.


You can't really see the horrible blue tile in the bathroom. It is seriously the original tile from when the building was created in the early 70s. I really hate it. I decided to try and counter it with the dark blue and black (all the shelves and baskets are black). And I also liked the idea of having only black and white pics in there.

And the kitchen. Although, I must admit that the glass stones/mirror pieces and removal of the cabinet doors were the creation of the previous owner. But I loved it so I kept it. The red lamp at the top is actually part of set and the only reason they are there is because I've spent the past 4 months trying to figure out where to put them. The temporary solution was over the kitchen sink because they can actually hang comfotably there.

And that's about it. Hope you enjoyed the quick tour of my humble abode.

 

2 comments:

  1. storm-shadow said,

    "How To Talk Dirty And Influence People?" Ha Ha Ha I don't know what to say to that but bring out some Geeee-tar! I'm Gee-Tar-Zan, the guitar man! The strange thing is how different a condo is from here. Definite difference right away.

    on 2/14/08, 12:02 PM


  2. Anonymous said,

    Groovy glasses!! (And groovy eyes on you, too!)

    I LOVE that color paint in your place. And all the decor -- totally love it. (Glad you kept those stones; I would too!)

    Have a great weekend!

    on 2/15/08, 7:49 PM