Holy Tax Return, Batman!

I just did my taxes and finally, FINALLY, this year I'm getting a fat ass return!

This is so much better then the $400 I got last year and the $160 I had to pay back the year before. I knew paying those damned property taxes would come in handy sometime.

I'd always wondered how everyone was able to go on vacation with their tax returns. Well, now I know. Except, I won't be going out of town...all of it is going into my savings, which is looking quite pathetic right now.

--

Yesterday was an extremely productive day.

My dentist appointment got cancelled as I was half-way to the office. That sucked, but thank goodness T@rget opens at 8. I was very proud of myself, because this was one of the few times that I went into T@rget, Bed B@th and Beyond, and M!chaels and I bought exactly what was on my lists and nothing more.

Usually, T@rget is a black hole for my pocket book; I walk in there with the intention of spending $30 bucks and I walk out with $200 worth of crap. Every. Single. Time. Same thing happens in the other 2 stores. They just way too much cool stuff. Yesterday, I kept my blinders on and went in with a purpose. Me and my pocketbook survived. Yay!

I also got to pick up my glasses, which I love. I'll post pictures later.

When I finally got home, I finally framed and hung my new posters, as well as some other pictures I had. Now, my place has artwork. No more bare walls.

I love that it only took me 2.5 years to finally feel like my place is actually lived in and mine. If I had any ounce of decorating skills, I would try to do more, but my brain doesn't operate that way.

Nothing else is going on. I'm tired and sore from running the bridge this morning. But a good sore. The kind of sore that makes you feel like you're getting into shape. Other than that, just very bored. Nothing exciting going on at all. Sometimes my life is so pathetic.

 

2 comments:

  1. storm-shadow said,

    Must. Post. Pictures. I'm always excited about seeing what gets others excited as to artwork or images. Doesn't matter if it's rock, sex, or symbols. It's the creativity. Forget Target! Best Buy would wipe me the fuck out. I'm attempting a run tomorrow to the Post Office since I now have the type of packaging I needed for your birthday gift. What you did last year for mine meant a lot to me.

    on 2/13/08, 12:23 AM


  2. Anonymous said,

    I. LOVE. TARGET!!!

    I think that is very exciting.

    We don't have one here in the city; I have to Bart out really far. Poop.

    on 2/15/08, 7:50 PM