Point of No Return
For my birthday present to myself this year, I got a new phone. It finally arrived yesterday, even though I ordered it a month ago. I love it! Check it out!
The past couple presents to myself have been pretty pricey (digital camera last year, a bass guitar in '05, and I don't remember what I got in '06 but I know it cost money), but I went the right route this year. I got the phone for free, which is awesome.
--
I've been having some gas issues lately.
The past few months, I've been farting uncontrollably. Luckily, they aren't stinky farts, but they just come out whenever. I could be walking, bending over, talking or just sitting there minding my on business and one will just take it upon itself to escape. I've usually had complete control over this, so I don't appreciate the autonomy that my bowels are taking. Especially when it comes out loudly. I need to get this shit under control.
--
In other news, I finally, FINALLY, but in an order for new glasses. I have not changed my glasses in almost 6 years. Its not as bad as it sounds since I wear contacts; I really only wear my glasses for a few minutes at night, so I didn't think the $100+ to change the glasses was necessary, especially since for a while, my prescription kept change. But I really want to give my eyes more of a break and start using my glasses more frequently, especially on weekends or days off. Plus, my Rx hasn't changed in about 2 or 3 years....and it was definitely time to get a new pair.
I'm excited for my new glasses. I usually hate glasses/shades because most don't look right with my face shape. But I think I found a great looking frame. It's very retro looking, with an almond like shape for the lenes. Can't find a pic, but I'll take one when they come in. Anyway, I was also able to get them at a really good price. I think overall, I spent under $120 and that included the frames, lens, uv coating, and whatever other crap they put on. So that was a relief.
--
I'm watching this "Moment 0f Truth" show (on F0x, of course) where they hook people up to a lie detector and ask them questions. As you advance through the levels, the questions become more personal and more controversial. I don't know if anyone else has seen this. It's crazy the things people do for a little bit of money. In the previouslies, it showed that one guy was asked if he ever stole money from his job and blamed it on someone else. He answered yes, which was true. And lucky for him that he won $100,000, because I don't think he had his job the next day.
The most interesting thing about this show is that it is originally from Colombia, and was cancelled when a contestant admitted that she had hired a hitman to kill her husband. On TV. In front of thousands. Obviously, she wasn't the brightest bulb. And of course, most American's aren't much smarter, so I'm waiting for the inevitable downfall.
--
Sorry for the boringness! But at least it's an entry.
1 comments:
-
I heard about that show -- it sounds uncomfortable to watch!!
I love your new phone!! Happy birthday!! (I've got catch up!)