Era of the Bad Perms

Last night, I entered a contest on a local blog to correctly name a certain flamingo. All correct entries would then be placed in a raffle. I spent almost an hour tracking down the name just so I could enter. But then I was just like I probably wasted my time since I NEVER win raffles.

This afternoon, I got an email notification that I had actually won. I was so excited because it is the first raffle I ever won in 26 years of existing. What's even more exciting, it that I won these! Full sized (both about 22" x 30") and framed! My place needs artwork so badly and what's better than free, awesome artwork? Nothing, that's what.

It just made a somewhat slow and miserable day a little brighter.

I started out this morning with lovely, lovely cramps. I had to stop at the pharmacy to purchase @leve, which lead me to also buy the 3 chocolate bars and 1 roll of SweetT@rts that inhaled over the course of the day. And let's not even mention the bloating and aching muscles. The first day is always the worst.

--

For those of you out there who remember what your teenage years were like...you know, the awkwardness, the bad clothes and hair, embarrassment, the angst....you have to check out Get Mortified. It's a hilarious collection of stories, pictures, etc. that people send in to reminisce (or cringe) about that period in their lives.

I must say that the most horrifying are the pics from the '80s. Good lord, did everyone back then lose all sense of style? Were they all colorblind? Maybe it was some combo of the two and other factors.

I mean, I was a kid in the '80s, so anything I wore back then was all the fault of my mother. Or at least that's what I'll tell people if any of those pictures ever surface.

But check it out. You'll be sure to get a good chuckle.

 

1 comments:

  1. Anonymous said,

    Holy crap, that site looks like it gathered all the photos of my childhood and mashed them together... thanks for the chuckle!

    (I love those pics you won -- especially the second one. CONGRATULATIONS!!)

    on 2/11/08, 1:28 PM