The Romper Room

I didn't leave work today until after 7 tonight! We had to have a pow-wow to discuss "hidden frustrations". It was mostly just a bunch of bull shit. Basically, someone had a problem with something someone else said and instead of just addressing that person straight on, she felt the need to address the entire team. It made me question whether we were adults. Especially when our 35 year old boss made the statement, "Why would I want to talk to her, especially since I know that she's been saying mean things about me behind my back!"

These people are insane. I'm seriously wondering what I'm going to do come this fall. I'm pretty sure my grad school acceptance will come through; I'm just not to sure about how much financial assistance I will receive. And I haven't decided if I'm going to attend part- or full-time. Plus, either way, I still have a mortgage to pay, and a student salary won't cut it. My dilemma: should I continue working full-time and go to school full- or part-time, or should I definitely go to school full-time and continue working part-time. With the way things are going now, I'm kind of leaning towards the latter, but don't think I can afford the pay cut.

We'll see. Off to get my nightly beer now.

 

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous said,

    Ugh! Same thing happened to me today, though it was my stupid, egotistical, sexist male coworkers just butting heads for an hour and a half while I sat there and got more and more pissed off. Meetings like that are never productive.

    on 6/18/08, 7:18 PM


  2. Anonymous said,

    How annoying; sounds so childish! I would not be able to stand it either...

    Oh what a difficult decision... I hope you will be able to work part-time only! It sounds like you are really excited about school -- I hope you can do it full-time....

    on 6/19/08, 11:49 AM