Every Breath You Take
Nothing is quite as lovely as when you are tutoring a 13 year old and then your nose starts dripping and leaking fluid all over the damn place! And of course, I had no paper. So everytime the kids leaned over to calculate a problem, I had to wipe my nose with my sweater....like a kindergartener.
Damn extreme weather changes make my sinuses insane. And it's annoying. Because now I can't breathe, which means I can't sleep, or exercise.
Last week, the weather here was ridiculous. It was 38 degrees one night. 38 DEGREES IN MIAMI!! That is not supposed to happen. And then when it finally warmed up, my sinuses went into drive: blocked nose, scratchy throat, squeaky voice, pulsating face. Ugh.
Classes started last week. I'm very excited because I'm actually like all my classes. They are all not only very interesting, put all 3 classes are chill and hands-on. The teachers don't lecture, but instead lead discussions in class. It's nice. I'm taking 0cean P0licy Devel0pment, Cl!mate and S0ciety, and Spat!al Analys!s (learning how to use G!S).
Work is the same. The kids are still insane, but they are starting to calm down a bit. Thank God! A big part of the problem is the teachers. They don't discipline them properly and then when the kids start acting like maniacs, they start screaming at them...because that helps. How these people became certified teachers is beyond me.
I'm really pissed that I won't be able to work out today. Yesterday I bought some Z!cam because I'd heard some good stuff about it. It had these swabs will gel on them that you put inside your nostrils. The first one worked real well. 5minutes after using the swabs my nasal passages opened up and I could breathe. But when I used the swabs later on last night, I didn't get the same results, or any. I'll try it again this morning. Hopefully it will work again. If not, it's a waste of 11 bucks.
Oh, for anyone out there with pets, do your pets fart? My cat has been letting loose some tear-inducing gas lately. It's really gross and I don't know what is causing it. You know the smell is bad when you can smell it through a stuffed nose.
2 comments:
-
I'm so glad you are liking your classes -- they sound so cool!! Sorry about your sinuses though. WHY Why is it so freakin' cold there... I do not think of that when I think of MIami. Ugh.
Maybe the cat farts will help clear up your nose...
-
One of my dogs do. (I have three!) It's due to lack of fibre in their diet. I started giving him veggies (not too much) in his food on a daily basis and that stopped it altogether.
Maybe your cat needs more fibre in its diet. No harm trying.