Question for you Ladies
When I left my house this morning, it was a lovely 83 degrees. The sun was shining and there was light breeze. Absolutely perfect weather.
When I left work, it was 60 degrees. And falling. What the heck. And me in my cute little outfit (short skirt, tank top) who decided that it was such a nice day out that I could leave my sweater at home. Bastards.
On to my question. Men, don't feel left out. If you feel like you know that answer to my problem, please feel free to contribute. I won't judge.
Okay. So, I have always been a flip flops, open-toe shoes type of person. So much so that the only closed-toe shoes I owned were my work out sneakers. Over the past 2.5 years, I've been gradually getting into heels (mainly for work - no flip flops allowed), of course beginning with the ones that were closest to flip-flops as possible. I've lately moved up to closed heels, which certainly took my poor toes a while to get used. However, because my feet are enclosed, they sweat. Not a lot, but enough to make my feet slide too far down, in shoes that are perfect fits. Which means after a while my toes get smushed. My question: those of you who are pros at wearing heels, how do you deal with this issue? Do you wear stockings/pantyhose? How about those footsies things they give you at the shoe store before you try stuff on? Or do you use powder to keep your feet dry? I'd like to hear what is done. To me, pantyhose seem like the correct answer, but I'm not down with that especially with the incredible humidity we have here (present weather excluded), so any suggestions will be useful.
Thanks in advance!
3 comments:
-
My roomie uses foot powder and I use stockings - the kind that are slightly thicker than pantyhose and only go to mid-calf. Any option sucks, but I totally feel your pain.
-
Hey darlin'!! I am no expert, but I usually wear stockings with heels. (And when I say stockings, I mean the thigh-high type -- either nylon or thicker depending on the weather -- cuz i don't like the whole nylon-thing, but that's just me.) And that helps a lot or my toes would die!
But also, and most importantly: I buy the shoe/sole inserts, you can get them at Walgreen's or any shoe store, they make ALL the difference!
-
P.S. Or they do sell those 'footsie' things, they help too when you want bare legs -- nobody can tell you're wearing them (they sell those at Walgreen's too!) :)