Ah Shoot
Last night, I ran over a kitty. It had to be about 3-4 months old. It ran into the road, right as I drove by; a good 30-40 seconds after its sibling ran across the road when it was clear. It was survival of the fittest indeed. I felt so bad. At first I wasn't sure I hit it, but when I looked in the mirrors, I saw its little body twitching.
It reminded me of when my mom ran over one of my kittens when I was in the 5th grade. Crushed his little head, and then he had seizures for the next minute till it died. I remember cying all day at school!
I started my new job yesterday. I like it. Don't love it, at least not yet. I think it has to do with the age group, 4th and 5th graders aged 11-13, but who all think they're in their 30s. They are insane....and the majority of the hormones haven't even kicked in yet! And it doesn't help that the person before me didn't discipline them at all. Just imagine what this group will be like once they actually hit adolescents. They'll be little terrors!
That's why I prefer high school kids. For the most part they have kind of an idea of who they are, their hormones have rebalanced them selves quite a bit, and you can tell them to shut the hell up if you need to.
Oh, and Happy New Years! I hope everyone had a good one.
2 comments:
-
oh that is so sad... oh man.
but so happy you like your new job (so far!) You can kick those hormones into shape!!
-
Kids just suck. For some reason, I got to thinking about this entry when I read the Rolling Stone article on how so many female teachers are seducing high school boys. It's like a strange epidemic where these walking penises are going home too happy after school. Take that, hormones! This article was fascinating to read because it reminded me of how enthralled I was in being seduced by an older woman. There is an effect that indescribable. Kids, these days, talk more openly than I did back then. Geez.